Tough Enough by Michele Albert



Title: Tough Enough
Author: Michele Albert
Year published: March 2007
Why I picked up this book: Looked good and I like Michele's blog. She's got an awesome blog and I love her anime and manga recs. And she's very nice. Love nice authors.
Do I like the cover? Yeah, though I have an ebook copy so no cover.
Is this part of a series? Yes, it's related to some of her others, but I think it's the first to really be an Avalon book.
What I enjoyed about the book: I really enjoy Albert's writing and did whip through the book fairly quickly. And the idea of a mercenary group that focuses on art is very interesting.
What I didn’t like about the book? Tough Enough didn't have quite the action punch that I was expecting. It did move slowly at times (though not enough that I got bored and set it down) and I didn't believe in the relationship between Will and Mia as much as I would have liked, at least as it was at the end of the book. I suppose I just thought there was so much stuff that happened between when they first met and their reunion that wasn't touched on. They're obviously different people, so I expected there to be a bit more conflict from that.
Is this a new-to-me author and would I read something by this author again? Not a new to me author and I'll definitely get the next book in hopes that it's better than this one. This one isn't bad, more average, but it could have been better.
Am I keeping it or passing it on? Keeping it since I got it as an ebook, but I'd still keep it if it had been print.

No comments: