Recently read quickie post

Book Cover This is the latest in the Jayne Austen series by Laura Levine. Like the previous books, it's humorous, light, and fluffy. Perfect for the summer. This time Jayne has to clear the name of a stand-up comic who's also a client. More funny emails from her parents and more silly Prozac moments.

Book CoverI remember this as being on one of those blog circuit things when it first came out, but I kinda ignored it. But I picked it up one day at work and read it. It's surprisingly good and laugh-out-loud funny in places. I also think those who like their comics will get even more of a kick out of it. There's a sequel out now that I mean to read sometime, too.


Book CoverI just read The Mad Earl's Bride by Loretta Chase from this one. I hadn't even realized it was a novella when I read it as it's remarkably contained. You also get glimpses of Jessica and Dain from Lord of Scoundrels. Fun story about an earl who thinks he's going insane.

Book CoverI really enjoyed Ravished. I really liked both main characters and the addition of the archaeology was fun.

Book CoverTouched by Fire by Kathleen O'Reilly was another one I really liked. And it has a virgin hero. Not something you see everyday.

Book CoverUndead and Uneasy by MaryJanice Davidson. Pure fluff. Well, actually, this one is better than some of the others in that more actually happens in this one. I know many people have given on on MJD, but I still enjoy this series as it's just cute and humorous. But oh, the story is definitely too short for hardcover. I finished this one in a short evening. But it was a fun time.

1 comment:

Mailyn said...

That TOUCHED BY FIRE has a really nice cover!