Bad blogger, bad!

Ack, where has the time gone?

Things have happened, I suppose. Death in the family, lots of vet visits (okay, not a lot, they just added up to lots of moolah), and just plain tiredness. I've composed many a blog post in my head, but haven't posted.

I did read Joanna Bourne's fabulous new book and loved it.

Also read a great YA fantasy by Joanne Harris called Runemark. If you enjoy Norse mythology, it's a must read. I hope there will be more like it.

Also am reading Lynsay Sands Argeneau series. I had read the first two in the series when they first came out. But later, the really first book in the series, A Quick Bite, also came out, so now I'm reading them all in order. She's come out with, I think, three in the series in the last few months. Or is in the middle of coming out with a series of them. I enjoy the series a lot. It's not silly funny like Katie Macalister's vampires, but not dark like some of the other series that have come out. And she had her vampires from Atlantis way before some of the new ones have (I swear I read at least one new series that had Atlantis vamps). Anyways, I'm on the 4th one, Bastien's story, and still enjoying them. I figure that's always a plus, that she's held my attention through at least three books, two of which I'd read before. And I like how you don't really have to read the previous books so far to really get into the story. She has the other characters in the books, but they serve a purpose.

Hmmm...I think that's all for now. They're forecasting about 8 inches of snow for tomorrow night. Ugh.

No comments: