Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Book Cover

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Let's try something new and just get me to at least mention on here what I've read/been reading and how I liked it.

A modern girl’s comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods.

When Phoebe’s mom returns from Greece with a new husband and moves them to an island in the Aegean, Phoebe’s plans for her senior year and track season are ancient history. Now she must attend the uberexclusive academy, where admission depends on pedigree, namely, ancestry from Zeus, Hera, and other Greek gods. That’s right, they’re real, not myth, and their teen descendants are like the classical heroes—supersmart and superbeautiful with a few superpowers. And now they’re on her track team! Armed only with her Nikes and the will to win, Phoebe races to find her place among the gods.


This is a YA book that I grabbed from the library. I'm a sucker for books that incorporate mythology, so grabbing this one was a given. It was a quick, fun read. I liked how Childs used the Greek mythology and the idea of a school for the descendants of the gods was fun. Phoebe seemed pretty typical and I liked how her running was such a part of who she was and made the ending not seem so surprising. Even after finishing the book, I'm not so sure what I think of Blake, the love interest, but we'll see how I do when I read the next book in the series.

Anyways, cute, fun, and full of mythology. And teen angst, cliques, and IMing.

No comments: