Busy, busy, busy, but a few books read

Still here. Still been busy every night. I have read a few books during break at work, though. And one short story at home and a bit on my ppc.

So...Hot Stuff by Evanovich and Banks: Fluffy with not a whole lot of substance, but still enjoyable. If I had to rate it, it would probably get a solid C. I did like the dog, though.

High Heels Are Murder by Elaine Viets was much the same, but more enjoyable with a much better mystery. It's the second book in her mystery shopper mystery series. Will have to read the third when it comes out.

Drusilla by Ed Gorman. Ed comes in to work fairly frequently and when I'd mentioned I wanted to read the Places to Be, People to Kill anthology, he gave me a galley of his story in it. It's called Drusilla and was very enjoyable. I still plan to buy the anthology, though.

Also finished Not Quite a Lady by Loretta Chase and oh, it was so good. I kept thinking she'd make her characters do something stupid, but she would surprise me and have them act sensibly. I really liked that. And it had some great characters too. Most enjoyable and definitely recommended.

Now I'm rereading Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb. It's a bit slow going at first, but I can't seem to stop reading it. It's been so long since I read it, that it all seems new.

Don't know what's up next at work to read, will find something, though. I always do.

TTFN

No comments: