Happy 4th!

It's the fourth of July. We plan to go downtown tonight to listen to music and watch the fireworks display. Watching Discovery's flight right now. Hoping all continues to go well.

I'm going to try to get some good pictures of the display tonight, but who knows.

Also finished reading The Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik and Cover of Night by Linda Howard.

Found a $25 Barnes and Noble giftcard in a book the other day, so headed over there and bought Stealing Magic by Tanya Huff, Edge of Danger by Cherry Adair (proof that if you see enough about a book, you will eventually just break down and buy it), and Hit Hard by Amy Fetzer.

Also headed to the UBS and bought Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas, Scandal in Venice by Amanda McCabe, Amazon Lily by Theresa Weir, Flashback by Justine Davis, Bad Boys of Summer by Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy, and Amy Garvey, and The Player by Rhonda Nelson. Bought new was Vanquished by Hope Tarr. Love the cover.

My RT magazine still hasn't arrived. Darn it. I'm currently reading Black Powder War by Naomi Novik and Captive of My Desires by Johanna Lindsey. Finished up Betting Hearts by Dee Tenorio and need to write a review of it. Basically, I loved it and you should go buy it.

I spent a bunch of time looking at blog template stuff and still don't know what to do. I guess I just need to be less lazy about learning something new. I really do want a 3 column template. And something new. Something fun. Preferably with cats. Or cats and books.

oh...and we put Gambit in his harness yesterday and took him outside. I'd say Gambit is quite content to be an inside kitty. He did NOT like it out there. Freaked the poor guy out.

Found a dress for my SIL's wedding. It's a halter-top wrap dress from Kohl's. I'm still not positive about how I feel with a sleeveless dress and exposing my rather flabby upper arms, but the rest looks good. Hey, I even had to return the XL I bought and buy a large. The back was too loose. Not something I've really ever had to do. :-) It feels good to have lost over 30 pounds in the last year. Perhaps it's been slow, but I'm happy with how it's going. Now to get to Victoria's Secret sometime soon to buy a bra that will work with it. It would be no good to ruin the look of the dress with a bad bra. Good bras are your friend. :-) They just make everything look so much better.

2 comments:

CindyS said...

First, cats get used to the outdoors and will then beg, cry and bug the hell out of you to get back out there again. Trust me. I've tripped over my cats too many times to count and one only sits on the deck when she wants to.

Second, congrats on the weight loss!!! I think if you lose it on your own terms then the chances are you will keep it off. You go girl!!! Oh and putting some fake tan on your arms gives you a world of confidence ;)

CindyS

Lori said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Go for it with the dress! And get a super sexy bra *g*