Greywalker by Kat Richardson



Harper Blaine was slogging along as a small-time P.I. when a two-bit perp's savage assault left her dead.

For two minutes, to be precise.

When Harper comes to in the hospital, she begins to feel a bit ...strange. She sees things that can only be described as weird-shapes emerging from a foggy grey mist, snarling teeth, creatures roaring.

But Harper's not crazy. Her "death" has made her a Greywalker-able to move between our world and the mysterious, cross-over zone where things that go bump in the night exist. And her new gift (or curse) is about to drag her into that world of vampires and ghosts, magic and witches, necromancers and sinister artifacts.

Whether she likes it or not.


Title: Greywalker
Author: Kat Richardson
Year published: 2006
Why I picked up this book: Looked interesting.
Do I like the cover? yeah, it has a nice urban fantasy feel.
Is this part of a series? Looks to be first.
What I enjoyed about the book: I really liked how unique the world here is. It has vampires and witches and who knows what else, but the idea of the Grey was really well done. Harper's a strong character and the way she acts is very believable. I liked how she didn't just accept all the strange things that were happening.
What I didn’t like about the book? Nothing at all, really. It was very good.
Is this a new-to-me author and would I read something by this author again? it's a new-to-me author and I'll definitely read more.
Am I keeping it or passing it on? Keeping it.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I am SO very glad to see that you gave this book a good review because I agree wholeheartedly!!!

I was amazed as I was reading how fresh and unique this world was, even though there were so many elements we've seen many many times before.

Thanks!