Hell's Belles by Jackie Kessler



She's a hot demon on the run from Hell--which isn't easy to do in heels.

Once upon a time, Jezebel was a powerful succubus, capable of seducing men and sucking out their souls. But that was before Hell put a bounty on her head. Now her only chance to escape a fate far worse than death is to live as a mortal, losing herself in a sea of unfamiliar humanity, in a place where the sinners walk hand-in-hand with saints--a place like Belle's strip club in New York City.

Working as an exotic dancer is a piece of cake for a former demon who once specialized in sex. Taking money from men? Please. It's like leading lawyers to the Lake of Fire. Plus the lingerie is great. But she hadn't counted on meeting sexy Paul Hamilton, a man haunted by his past. Good-bye, succubus; hello, lovestruck. Learning all about how complicated--and pleasurable--love can be, Jezebel thinks she's turned her back on Hell.

But Hell hasn't stopped looking for her. The secrets Jezebel holds are the most dangerous of all, the kind every demon in the Underworld would do their worst to protect. Demons are closing in, which is enough to make Jezebel shiver in her G-string. But it's her love for Paul that's going to have deadly consequences...


I quite enjoyed this book. I read it one night during my vacation when I couldn't sleep because of my cold (the cold I still have, btw). It definitely held my attention and was very fun. The romance designation is a bit wrong, I thought, though. It's more of a urban fantasy/paranormal chick lit. Jezebel is definitely the main character and the story is about her journey. There have been so many other reviews out there talking about the book, so I won't really mention much else. Basically, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the sequel when it comes out.

Anyone else read this one?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did. I enjoyed it but maybe not as much as you. I thought I read the next book was about Daun. Kessler has a lot of worldbuilding to work with which makes the series interesting.

Nicole said...

Well, I'd rate it around a B. Above average, but not stellar. But fun enough that I didn't mind paying a rather high trade price on it.

CindyS said...

Really? You've seen lots of other thoughts on this one? I just bought it because I hadn't heard a word and was looking to read outside of my box.

I'm just glad that you liked it though. Gives me hope that it'll be good and I'm glad you mentioned it's more like chick-lit. I hate expecting a romance and then not getting one. Ugh.

You have been on a reading spree!

CindyS