All Màili's fault

From Màili's blog:
Directions:

1. Take first five novels from your bookshelf.
2. Book 1 -- first sentence
3. Book 2 -- last sentence on page 50
4. Book 3 -- second sentence on page 100
5. Book 4 -- next to the last sentence on page 150
6. Book 5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph.
8. Feel free to "cheat" to make it a better paragraph.
9. Name your sources
10.Post to your blog.


From the books sitting on my desk (hey, there were 5):

W.C. Fields got it wrong, Shelley McCleery thought. Aunt Lydia shot her a smug look, then said, "Ah, so you've come to call upon my niece." She had been consenting, hadn't she? The worst was that the urgency her curse brought upon her muted the horror brought by every sight, every smell and sound, and she was grateful for it. "But I reckon as long as I strive to be worthy of a queen like you, I cannot go too far wrong."

Ah...strange paragraph and no cheating.

Book 1: The French Connection by Tracy Kelleher
Book 2: The Hope Chest by Jacquie D'Alessandro, Julie Kenner, and Susan Kearney
Book 3: Star Quality by Lori Foster, Lucy Monroe, and Dianne Castell
Book 4: For Camelot's Honor by Sarah Zettel
Book 5: The Destined Queen by Deborah Hale

And since Shannon did it, here's my completely EC version:

The woman behind the counter had the largest set of breasts Taylor had ever seen. "No, I think I can find my room." Up close, Celestine was stunning, regardless of the vacant expression on her face. His eyes were hard as he examined her wound, tilting his head. "Even if you do like putting wicked toys up your Bloodmate's arse."

Erm, no clue how to make it work by cheating.

Book 1: Waiting For It by Rhyannon Byrd
Book 2: Summer Heat by Jaci Burton
Book 3: Pirate's Desire by Delilah Devlin
Book 4: Moving Violations by Lora Leigh, Veronica Chadwick
Book 5: Manaconda by Sherri L. King, Lora Leigh, and Jaid Black

This did remind me that I haven't read many of the print EC titles that I have. Hmmm...

Also bought two books at the UBS today. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon and Mouth to Mouth by Erin McCarthy. They also had a Red Sage book there, never seen that, as well as a Black Lace one, but I didn't recognize the author (and now can't remember who it was) and didn't buy it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, loved this, thanks!

lost said...

LOL!! That's hilarious. But, um, why are you blaming me?

I was toying with an idea of reading Erin McCarthy's MOUTH TO MOUTH. I hadn't realised that the heroine is deaf, which makes me a little wary. I think I'll give it a try and hope my teeth won't break during the reading. :D

Nicole said...

lol well, I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't seen it at your blog. And then it made me realize that there are lots of books that I havent read yet!