The Perfect Family by Carla Cassidy

I didn't actually plan to read this book last night, it just sorta happened. I wasn't in the mood to read anything else and I'd just bought this and it looks so good, so creepy. Less than two hours and 362 pages later, I finished. In time to go to sleep before midnight, no less.
Back cover blurb:

It's been a difficult winter, but for the first time since her husband's death, Marissa feels a new strength. Business at the gift shop is good, her two young children are slowly adjusting, and she's even able to find a glimmer of hope for happiness when an old flame moves back to town. Maybe the bad times are behind her...

He has been watching her for years, He knows everything about Marissa and her family. He knows little Jessica loves pepperoni pizza and ballet and Justin loves baseball and dinosaurs. He knows Marissa enjoys a glass of wine and a bubble bath before bed. And now he knows it's time to begin. He's been more than patient. This is the family he was supposed to have, the family he deserves. It's time to claim the perfect family as his own...


I'm not sure if it was my mood, or if it was the book, but I just whipped through The Perfect Family. I was reading in bed and my husband leaned over and asked me, "did you just start that an hour ago? You've read 266 pages!" It's fast-paced and I liked that there were enough characters that you didn't know who was who until towards the end. I love when I'm not sure who it is. I loved that Marissa didn't exhibit any TSTL tendencies and was justifiably suspicious of many people. She really didn't seem to rule anyone out when the police told her it could be anyone.

If you're looking for a great fast-paced romantic suspense story, I highly recommend picking up Carla Cassidy's The Perfect Family. I'm definitely buying her next book.

On another note, it's funny how reading material can get into your dreams. One snippet of my dream last night had me viewing two dead bodies of Abraham Lincoln. Yes, two. One had his eyes open and one did not. And I so know that this comes from reading Mary Roach's Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers as well as thinking of Clive Cussler's Sahara (if you've read the book, you know what I'm talking about).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole~
I think I haven't read anything by this author, but reading your comments, the book looks great.