My birthday

I've been poking away at my review books, so I haven't been blogging much. Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

The day before my birthday, Nick told me to stay home in the afternoon because of a surprise. So I waited. Glad I waited, too. He had a blue Endless Summer hydrangea delivered from a local nursery. It's just gorgeous. He'd remembered that I'd wanted hydrangeas for my wedding, but they weren't in season, so I had roses. You can see examples of the plant here, in case you're curious. I've already snipped off a blossom and have it in a vase on my kitchen table.

Day of my birthday was also the release date of some books I was looking for, so I headed off to Barnes and Noble. Oddly enough, I did NOT come home with any of the books that I went looking for. They were Lady Midnight by Amanda McCabe, To the Edge by Cindy Gerard, Once Upon a Sofa by Myretta Robens, and The Lady is Mine by Judith Laik. Oops, I was looking for Before I Wake by Anne Frasier and I did get that one. They just didn't grab my attention as much as I hoped they would. I might pick them up later on, or perhaps get them from the used bookstore or Paperback Swap.

I did come away with four books, though. And only one is actually a romance. And it's a time travel. Normally I hate time travels. Hmmmm.


I read the first few pages and it looks good. It seems I've been buying more mysteries lately. I guess my reading tastes are evolving once again.





I really liked Play Dead, so looking forward to reading this one. I'm also interested to see how Màili liked it.





The only romance in the bunch. I read the first few pages and the writing seemed to be what I was in the mood for.





I'm not sure why I picked this one up, but it was one of those special price editions and looked interesting. We'll see how it goes. I know she also writes romance under another name.






So that was my bookstore haul on my birthday. Nick also got me the cutest Mutts book and some anime dvds (Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex Vols. 1 and 2). He also cooked some of his killer Emeril pork chops for supper. MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm. Yum. Ah, I love my husband.

Okay...next up, what I spent at Amazon with my birthday gift certificate from my parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read the Anne Frasier. Let us know what you think!