Books I bought last night

So I was killing time in Waldenbooks before it was time for my husband to go skating and I made a few impulse purchases.

Sit, Stay, Slay by Linda O. Johnston - so far this book is SO GOOD! It's a light mystery involving a former civil litigator who lost her license due to a scandal and sort of fell into the pet-sitting business. So now she's dog-sitting, cat-sitting, even snake-sitting a python named Pythagoras. She's going to one of her appts and finds the owner of the pet she's supposed to take care of dead. Unfortunately, he was also a former client of hers back in her law days, so she's now a suspect. That's pretty much where I got to last night and haven't had a chance to pick it up again, but I definitely will again tonight. I'll most likely mention what I think of the whole thing once I finish it, but so far it's just what I needed to read.

Ill Wind by Rachel Caine - I've heard great things about the Weather Warden series, so I couldn't resist finally picking this one up.

The Royal Treatment by MaryJanice Davidson - I like her Undead series and I have Derik's Bane on my tbr pile, so when I saw that this had been released into mass market size, I had to get it. Looks fun.

So that's what I picked up last night. It's not counting the books I picked up from the library bookstore yesterday when I picked up the Hellsing dvd or the books from the library I picked up when I went in again today to pick up Cowboy Bebop. *g* Got a Nora Roberts's one on an impulse since I've only read her J.D. Robb stuff (which I love and have Survivor in Death earmarked for a read-athon this weekend). Also picked up books from Annie Solomon, Lisa Scottoline, John Darnton, and Rita Mae Brown. And a bunch of Harlequin Medical Romances.

And to think I thought I'd never have anything to say in this blog.

No comments: