One mystery, one latina chick lit, and something a little hot

So I've read a few books in the past couple days. And lookie, I'm posting about them! No pics, so sue me. I'm heading off to work real soon.

Killer Insight by Victoria Laurie was read Thursday night. And was sorta the cause of me staying up way too late that night. Thank goodness I had the day off the next day even though I couldn't sleep in (friend coming over early in the morning) I'd started it in the evening and in to bed, but just when it was lights out, I hit the end where everything wraps up. You do not want to end a mystery there! So after too many "just a few more pages", I finally just took my book and went into the living room to finish so Nick could get some sleep. I liked the book much more than I did the previous book. This time, Abby and Dutch are having problems, and because of Abby's psychic intuition, she believes he no longer wants her in his life and breaks up with him. Well, and Dutch did make a huge Valentine's Day blunder. Well, Abby then goes off to Colorado (I think that's the state) for a friend's wedding and finds more action than she planned on when bridesmaids go missing and her high school crush shows up. Definitely a fun book and apparently just what I needed that night since I finished it so quickly.

Well, after reading Killer Insight, I immediately picked up Becoming Latina in 10 Easy Steps by Lara Rios. I'd already started it earlier this week, but hadn't finished it. Bad idea starting to read it when it's already late at night. It's a fairly large book. I really enjoyed it and wish I'd read it earlier. I really need to get over my aversion of buying trade paperbacks new since I don't think they're going away. There's a good review over at Paperback Reader, so I won't really say much here other than that it's a fantastic book. Oh, and there's a small teensy mistake in the PBR review. It's Tia Lydia, not Sonya. Sonya's a bitch, Lydia's not.

Also read and finished an ebook. Finally got around to Celestial Passions: Sheala by Judy Mays. I think I've had this book since almost when it first came out, yet somehow forgot I had it. Oops. Anyways, it's another big book, coming in at about 212 pages in Adobe format. SF romance that takes places after CP: Brianna and has many of the same characters. I enjoyed the book and it's definitely an Ellora's Cave book, but things are done pretty well and not just tacked on for titillation's sake. I don't like Mays' werewolf books as much, but I'll definitely buy the next book in this series when it comes out. Whenever it will come out.

Speaking of heading off to work, that's in 50 minutes and I'm still in my pajamas. Better get going!

No comments: