DNF: The Dragon DelaSangre by Alan F. Troop

So this is due back at the library soon, but looked interesting and I wanted to read it before then. Eh...I just can't get into it.

FOR CENTURIES, THEY HAVE LIVED AMONG US
A secret race as old as time, they have inspired our greatest legends, our grimmest fairy tales, and our grandest nightmares. Changelings by day and slayers at dark, they call themselves People of the Blood. Mankind calls them Dragons. But few have survived to this day, and none have stepped forward to tell their story. Until now.

THE DRAGON DELASANGRE SPEAKS
Here, at last, are the private confessions of one Peter DelaSangre of his isolated youth on an island off the coast of Miami of the pleasures he found in fortune, fine art and music, and the hunt for human prey of his lonely balancing act between the worlds of humans and Dragons, neither of which feels like home and of the overwhelming need that would, finally, give his life purpose: To find a female of his own kind.


I think my main problem is that it's in first person, which as you all probably know, doesn't usually bother me. For this story, it just doesn't seem to work. Even in first person, I seem much more distanced from the story, and find myself really not caring what happens.

I really do like the idea, though. It's about shapechanging dragons living in the world amongst people. So if you like that, you might want to give it a try. There's a whole series here, maybe four books. But I just couldn't get into it.

No comments: