Things change

Like my eyeglass prescription. Bah. Got my new lenses and frames today and it's taking a bit longer than usual to get used to them. The frames are also very different from what I'm used to. I always freak out about picking frames. I mean, these will be with me every single day for the next two years. Maybe if I'm brave I'll show before and after pictures. Maybe. Maybe not.

In other news, One Good Knight by Mercedes Lackey showed up for me at the library. And I've already finished two categories for that challenge thingy.

And RT says my Barnes and Noble carries their magazine, but for the past two months I haven't seen it there. Hmmmm.... Of course, I haven't actually asked anyone there about it. Silly me. Maybe I'll go tomorrow and see. I subscribed, but I know it takes awhile before you see your first issue. Maybe May's will come.

2 comments:

Karen Scott said...

You wear your glasses for two years In America? Over here, we have to have new glasses every year. I always knew it was a way of making more money for the opticians.

The thing is, glasses cost loads more over here too, my last pair cost me £400 ($700) yes, they were designer frames, but that's still no excuse for the ridiculous price, why I could buy at least 5 handbags with that money.

Nicole said...

Frames for two years, lenses are new every year if they need to be (per our insurance).

But that's only if you have insurance. It's not something all companies give.