3 Brides For 3 Bad Boys by Lucy Monroe

Lucy Monroe has always been a guilty pleasure for me. She may have heroes I almost always want to smack upside the head and shake some sense into them, but I still love her stories. 3 BRIDES FOR 3 BAD BOYS may have a few elements that aren't always liked, such as a marriage of convenience, but I still loved these stories and gave it 4 out of 5 stars at CataRomance where I reviewed it. Individually, I would rate A DEAL IS A DEAL (Rand's story) as a 3.5 (out of 5), CARTER'S STORY a 3.5, and COLTON'S STORY a highish 4, for an average of 4 stars.

Colton's story, which was my favorite, reminded me of the Vegas commercials "What Happens Here Stays Here" only Fayre is not going to let that happen. I really felt for her as she honestly seemed to have felt a strong connection to Colton that night. When I read the first story, which is about Rand, I didn't like Carter (the hero of the second) and couldn't figure out how Lucy would make him into hero material, yet I think she succeeded. Some people may not like his marriage of convenience story, but I like to suspend reality and enjoy those kinds, so I enjoyed it too.

So...I enjoyed 3 BRIDES FOR 3 BAD BOYS and will still continue to love reading Lucy Monroe's books. It's not nearly as good as THE REAL DEAL, but it's fun. It's hard to make a believable HEA in such shorts like these, but she did quite well. I've got some more Monroe books on my tbr pile and hope they continue the good stuff. *g* If you like Lucy Monroe, you'll definitely want to add this one to your library.

No comments: