My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding edited by P.N. Elrod

My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding with stories by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Charlaine Harris, Jim Butcher, L.A. Banks, Rachel Caine, P.N. Elrod, Esther M. Friesner, Lori Handeland, and Susan Krinard.



I'm not really going to do a synopsis. Each story is different, but they all deal with weddings and the supernatural.

Spellbound by L.A. Banks deal with the Hatfield/McCoy rivalry thing with some magic added in. It's rather cute and funny, but sometimes a bit too campy for my taste.

Something Borrowed by Jim Butcher has Harry as best man for Billy and Georgia's wedding (the werewolves, remember?). Things come up and it's up the Harry to save the day. Fun story.

Dead Man's Chest by Rachel Caine is a contemporary that has romance cover model Ian marrying Cecilia Welles on a pirate ship captained by Capt. Lockhart. To say more would spoil some of the fun, but it's a nice Pirates of the Caribbean flavored story.

All Shook Up by P.N. Elrod has an Elvis impersonator with some magic. I skimmed a lot of the story since I really really don't like Elvis. Sorry.

The Wedding of Wylda Serene by Esther M. Friesner was entertaining. It has Wylda Serene getting married in a place where weird things have a habit of happening. Contained Greek mythology and other magical happenings. Fun story, if a bit hard to really explain without spoilers.

Charmed by the Moon by Lori Handeland is about Jessie McQuade and Will Cadotte's wedding. Fun story and makes me want to read the rest of the series that I haven't read.

Tacky by Charlaine Harris has a vampire marrying a werewolf and all the problems that entails. Fun story, though not sure how or if it is connected to her Sookie Stackhouse series.

A Hard Day's Night-Searcher is a Dark-Hunter story. This time it's Rafael Santiago getting together with Squire Celena. Nothing real spectacular here and the romance is a bit unbelievable.

"...Or Forever Hold Your Peace" by Susan Krinard. It says it's a Kit and Olivia Adventure, but that doesn't mean anything to me. If it is, I hope to read more of their books. I rather liked this one. It starts out with a man objecting to the wedding of Lady Emma and Lord Edward, but then running out of the church and dying on the steps. Other adventures ensue as the bride later disappears and Kit and Olivia go after her. I liked this one.

The whole anthology is a quick read and fun. Some of the stories are better than others, but on the whole, I enjoyed most of them.

No comments: