Possessed by Stephanie Doyle

Possessed by Stephanie Doyle



Cassandra Allen's gift is so uncanny that even the skeptical police now consult her on murder investigations. But when she's called in to investigate a rash of serial murders, her mind is assaulted by a terrifying being from beyond… .

Cass believes the evil force attempting to possess her is involved in the killings. But how? Then she meets Malcolm McDonough, brother of the first victim. He's successful, attractive, unsettling… and he doesn't believe that Cass hears the dead. Yet even as Malcolm denies her claims, he is counting on Cass to lead them to the killer.

Because all the victims have one thing in common--"her."


I grabbed this one Saturday night when we went to Walmart to see the Wii line. I'm really glad I did because it is a great story. Cass is a great heroine and I loved how her gift worked. It's a Bombshell, but there's also a good romance between Cass and Malcolm. The things that keep them apart are valid and I don't think Cass ever did anything TSTL. Which was a very welcome change. I kept waiting for her to, but she never did.

I did figure out who the bad guy was, but only because it was the only person it could be. Just not quite enough other characters mentioned. But since it's a short book, that's fine. It didn't really take anything away from the reading.

If you like a good psychic story, I recommend this one. Makes me want to find other books by Stephanie Doyle. I think I have some of the shelf around here somewhere. I'm really sad the Bombshell line is leaving because they're just now in the last six months or so to come out with some really good stories. Guess I'll continue to pick them up as they come in to work.

No comments: