2005 Books: Year in Review

Since so many other bloggers have done this, I figure it's finally my turn. I had no reading resolutions for the year, unless you count my goal of keeping track of books read. Now, I only counted books I actually finished, not ones I skimmed or read part of. Just the ones where I read the whole thing. And I ended up with 271 books read. I'm pretty sure it's a fairly accurate count, though I may have missed an ebook or two.

Favorites (in no particular order and I may have not added some):

Sit, Stay, Slay by Linda O. Johnston
Survivor in Death by J.D. Robb
Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu
The Next Big Thing by Johanna Edwards
Police Business by Julie Miller
Ill Wind by Rachel Caine
Summer in the City of Sails by Shelley Munro
Storm Watcher by Lilith Saintcrow
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
Hellsing Vol. 1 by Kohta Hirano
The Givenchy Code by Julie Kenner
Urban Shaman by C.E. Murphy
Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner
The Charm School by Susan Wiggs
Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson
The Moon Witch by Linda Winstead Jones
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
Abby Cooper: Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie
Origin in Death by J.D. Robb
With or Without You by Carole Matthews
The Funeral Planner by Lynn Isenberg
The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn (reread)
Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas
Seventy-Seven Clocks by Christopher Fowler
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
The Naked Truth by Amy J. Fetzer
Crazy Hot by Tara Janzen
Ghosts in the Snow by Tamara Siler Jones
Shadow Touch by Marjorie M. Liu
and the twenty-some Doc Savage books I read this year. Loved them all.

Most disappointed in:
Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Most disliked:
At Her Service by Shari Anton

And...bleh, I'm not sure what else to put here. It was a good reading year. Not too many clunkers, but a fair number of average/above average reads.

7 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I see we have a few matches there but my - you have a number of books I've never even heard of before. I'm defintely going to have to keep track of a lot of these.

Anonymous said...

Dare I ask about The Funeral Planner?

Nicole said...

Sure. Though I think you've asked me a few times already. *g*

I liked it, but it's definitely different. It deals with a lot of her business and how she sets it up and runs it. I found the whole book fascinating, though.

Anonymous said...

lol thats not what I meant :)

Nicole said...

Oh duh, you mean the one next to the door waiting to go to the post office.

Nicole said...

Er..that still needs an address, too. So email me.

ag said...

I love Lisa's Secrets of a Summer Night and Julia Quinn's Bridgerton romances.

271 ... that's a lot of books you've read.