Memory in Death by JD Robb

oooh...you actually get a Nicole blurb on this one.

It's Christmas time in New York. Things are winding down and Eve's complaining about having to buy gifts for people, etc. The usual. Eve and Peabody are working a case where Santa took a nosedive off a highrise while high on drugs. When Eve is back at the station, a woman comes into her office claiming to be her mother. Make that her foster mother. Eve's upset and tells the woman she wants nothing to do with her and Eve runs off. Then the next day the woman turns up at Roarke Enterprises trying to blackmail Roarke for two million dollars. If he doesn't pay up, she'll leak Eve's sealed child protection file to the media. Basically he tells her he's not paying her a dime and that if she does anything to him, he'll make sure she disappears. Then...she ends up dead.

Again, I really enjoyed this entry into the In Death series. It's not as fast-paced as some, but deals more with Eve and her relationships with Roarke and others. It's more mystery than mayhem, but still interesting. I liked how Eve and Roarke interacted and it's nice to see how they've changed. Not much Mavis here, but she's only has a month left til the baby. Makes me suspect that maybe the short story in the next antho may deal with it. I mean...we do need to see how Roarke and Eve deal with those classes. *g*

More about Mira and her husband, Peabody and whatshisname, and then Eve's past. All in all another good book. We even got Galahad in reindeer ears.

Ahh....so now I have to wait for the next book. Hmph.

5 comments:

Brandy said...

I am so looking forward to this book.

Kristie (J) said...

It sounds *whimpering again* wonderful. Even if I were to find my library card, it will be at LEAST 6 months before my name comes up for this one at the library.
But then again - I did get Christmas money that needs to get spent.

Nicole said...

hmmm

Anonymous said...

And part of the Christmas money is now gone :) But I get to see the back cover now. Good picture!

Brandy said...

Library called. It's in, it's in! Ha! Now you are not the only one who gets to enjoy this book!