Crazy For You by Jennifer Crusie

Book blurb from Crusie's site:
Quinn McKenzie has always lived what she calls a “beige” life. She’s dating the world’s nicest guy, she had a good job as a high school art teacher, she’s surrounded by family and friends who rely on her, and she’s bored to the point of insanity. But when Quinn decides to changes her life by adopting a stray dog over everyone’s objections, everything begins to spiral out of control. Now she’s coping with dog-napping, breaking and entering, seduction, sabotage, stalking, more secrets than she really wants to know, and two men who are suddenly crazy...for her.


Okay...so I'd never actually read Crusie before this book. I'd gotten Fast Women from somewhere, but I couldn't get into it. It's still sitting on my shelf. But I really liked Crazy For You. All the characters were so fun and I kept wanting to know what on earth Bob would do next. And Quinn and Nick...*sigh* I just really enjoyed this book. Laughed out loud many times. Good thing to know I actually like her writing since I pre-ordered Don't Look Down. Well, I already knew I liked Bob Mayer's writing, so I suppose I had a 50% chance I'd like it.

Now I have Bet Me to read next. I held up Welcome to Temptation and Bet Me up to my husband since I couldn't choose and he chose Bet Me. So that's next. Well, not next book, but next Crusie. At least it's now on my bedside table, so hopefully I'll get to it soon.

10 comments:

Samantha said...

I loved "Bet Me", it was so great. It gets a little deeper into the characters personalities than her other books do.

Anonymous said...

The thing I liked best about "Crazy for You" was the feeling that Nick & Quinn would have their HEA. Lots of times I finish a book and think, "Yeah, they'll be divorced in a year." But Crusie did such a great job building their relationship and their characters that I didn't doubt the HEA for a minute.

Loved "Bet Me" and "Welcome to Temptation"...WTT is on my top ten list of books.

Anonymous said...

Bet Me is one of my favorite Crusie books - but Getting Rid of Bradley is my absolute favorite!!! But when you read Bet Me, you'll understand why it won the RITA. (Oh and I couldn't get into Fast Women either)

Anonymous said...

I hated Crazy for You. Hated! The guy Quinn broke up with was more crazy than I can handle. Yet, you help prove my theory. Faking it was my favorite.

Nicole said...

What theory? lol I loved how over the top the ex was.

I checked out Faking It from the library today. Should get to it in the next couple weeks.

Rosario said...

I think I've loved every Crusie I've read except Fast Women, and that one probably caught me at a bad time, so I should give it another try. My three faves (which go in and out of first place, according to my mood) are Bet Me, Anyone But You and Welcome To Temptation.

sybil said...

I haven't read JC yet but I have Bet Me and Welcome To Temptation tbr. Almost pulled down WTT the other day. LOL and almost bought Charlie All Night the other day but I was strong and didn't.

No more new to me authors, who I already have books at home waiting tbr. I hope...

Anonymous said...

Rosario and Keishon, what was the first Crusie you read?

My theory (as I mentioned at Megan's) is that assuming you like Crusie, your first is the one you love the best. I've been paying attention to what people name as their faves, and for the most part my theory holds. Of course, now Rosario and/or Keishon will come and throw off my stats ;)

Brandy said...

First time commenting here. Had to, everyone seems to hate my favorite book by Crusie "Fast Women". I loved the first scene where she cracks the window, breaks the arm of the chair, and rubs a hole in the carpet.
But, I did love "Getting Rid Of Bradley" and how Lucy ended up with green hair. I just wish she had given Lucy's sister her own story.

Anonymous said...

Brandy - I hope Nicole doesn't mind, but I've tried to comment on your blog - but since I don't have a blogger account I can't. Yes, I wish Jennifer had given Lucy's sister a story - I loved Lucy's green hair too.