I had a weak moment in SuperTarget

So I went to SuperTarget this morning after bringing in Nick's car for an oil change and general checkup. Got some rotisserie chicken that I just finished having for supper and a few other things. And of course since I was by myself, I wandered into the books section. And there it was on an endcap in all its colorful glory.



Honest...I couldn't resist. Even though I was in line to get it from the library (of which the first round of a dozen books of it are already checked out). And of course I started it. Over half done and am really enjoying it. It's a bit slower pace than others, not as much blood and gore and more focus on Eve and Roarke, though there is just as much investigative stuff as always.

Ah..life is good. And nothing was wrong with the car, either. Yippee. Now to PetSmart to get more kitty toys and look at the automatic kitty feeder (not to buy, oh no, Nick is going to build his own. he just wants to know what he's up against).

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Does your cat actually play with the toys? Cause my evil cat, plays with it for maybe 5 minutes to please me then never touches it again. He's much more happy with the plastic rings from milk jugs and a koosh ball.

Kristie (J) said...

You know what our brand new little kitty loves to play with best? Crumpled up balls of tin foil. Easy to replace and costs next to nothing.

And Memory in Death *whimpering*

Anonymous said...

Milk jug rings is the toy of choice here too, although they also love the turbo charger. Every once in while they'll play with the actual toys I buy. Bookstores and pet stores are no-no's for me - I end up buying too much (yes, according to my credit card, you can buy too many books). I haven't read J.D. Robb yet - I'll have to give them a try after I get my current TBR pile to a manageable height.

ReneeW said...

Memory in Death!!! You're killing me here.

My cat's favorite toy is a plain ol' rubber band. Keeps her entertained for hours.

Brandy said...

OMG, you are so lucky! Memory in Death is one of my holds at the library! As for cat toys, know those satin christmas ball ornaments? Yeah, stung ALL over my house. But, after the string is off they still play with them.

Nicole said...

He plays when we're not watching. And he absolutely adores the kitty teaser. it's got a fleece string and feathers at the end. He loves to chew on the velcro part and lick the feathers.

Well, I did have this one on hold from the library...but it was so pretty, I had to buy it.

Nicole said...

Yeah....Nick added up how much I've spent in books this month and it's just over $70. So no books for the rest of the month. Good thing that's only a week.