Hump Day

Well, Nick's two-week vacation ended as he went back to work this morning. Hope it's going well.

Need to run errands today. Oh yay. Bank, pharmacy, bookstore (okay, so this one should be fun, will tell you later what I buy), and I was planning to go to the gym, but maybe I'll give today off (I did go yesterday and Monday) and go the rest of the week.

Finished reading It Happened One Autumn last night and almost wanted to cry when I realized the next book isn't out until the end of next month. Will blog about it later. Oh I can't wait for Evie and St. Vincent in the Devil in Winter. And to think, these are the only two Lisa Kleypas books I've ever read. Yes, Kristie, I will read that other one sometime this year. I promise.

Also started my contemporary romance for Angie's TBR Challenge. I'm reading The Bride Wore Chocolate by Shirley Jump. So far it's quite good. I might count some tbr Blazes, too.

And because there are never too many pictures of Gambit:

5 comments:

romancelover said...

I recommend reading all of Kleypas' books, especially DREAMING OF YOU, in which you'll meet Derek Craven, whom I hear Sebastian St. Vincent, the hero of DEVIL IN WINTER is very similar to. I love Kleypas!!!

- Daniela

Nicole said...

Dreaming of You would be the one Kristie's been telling me to read.

Kristie (J) said...

I am so going to grin like a Cheshire cat when you read it, love it and say "Man, what took me so long?!?! She was right and I am in awe of her most excellent taste"

Now watch - after this big build-up you won't like it.

CindyS said...

It's okay Nicole. I have been holding out on Derek also but for good reason. I like having books in my TBR pile that I know are going to be great. At the moment, I absolutely know his book will rock so I just can't remove it. I don't have too many other books in there right now that I *know* are going to be great.

Glad to hear that you liked the Autumn book. I have that one but have not heard much about it so I was keeping it on the back burner. I liked the Summer book but wanted more of the H/H together and I was afraid it might become a trend.

CindyS

Kristie (J) said...

Cindy (sorry for hogging here) So just to clarify here - you aren't reading it because you know you will love it????? and then you won't have another book that you might love just as much? That's just the kind of reasoning I can relate to :) I have the same cracked kind of thinking too. And I agree with Nicole. The Autumn book rates up there with some of her best. Of course now you know I shall be haunting you to read DOY too though.