Colters' Woman by Maya Banks

So Ms. Banks offered to send this one to me, but I declined as I wasn't sure the subject matter was something I could handle well. The whole menage/brothers thing isn't really something I go for. But I've liked her stuff in the past, so I later bought it instead. And I'm rather glad I did. Finally got around to reading it last night.



Adam, Ethan and Ryan aren’t looking for women. They’re looking for a woman. One woman to share their lives and their beds. They don’t want a casual romp in the hay, they want the woman who will complete them—and they’re losing hope of finding her.

That is until Adam finds Holly lying in the snow just yards from their cabin. He knows she’s different the minute he holds her in his arms. But before Adam gets his hopes up, he knows he has to gauge his brothers’ reactions. Soon it’s evident that she’s the one.

There are a few problems, however—convincing her she belongs with them and keeping her safe from the man who wants her dead.


I'd bought Colters' Woman awhile ago, probably around when it first came out. Since I'm usually pretty bad about reading things right away, I didn't get to it until last night. And then I zipped through the whole thing. The story takes place in a short period of time, yet the romance did work for me. I'm not quite sure, but I'm gonna guess it's Banks' writing that does it. It just worked. Another thing I liked is that I didn't get much of the squicky incest thing since the three guys are brothers. It's a very hot story and moves along very quickly. Hmm...what didn't I like? Well, we don't get as in depth with the heroes since there are three of them, but I found myself not really caring and just going along with the story.

So, all in all, I liked the story and I will continue to read Maya Banks' stuff.

1 comment:

Michele said...

So, um, HOW did they do "it" without gettig kinky? One at a time?
This is a very strange dynamic.
You really liked it???

It made sense? Believeable?
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this kind of relationship.