With Nine You Get Vanyr by Teri Smith and Jean Marie Ward



How much would you give to live your fantasy? Think fast—your Wishstone is waiting.

At Atlanta’s Dragon-Con, nine fan girls make a wish on the mysterious ancient artifact known as the Wishstone and find themselves transported to the world that inspired their favorite TV series. Only the show couldn’t begin to prepare them for the real thing.

Domain is a world without change, frozen in a time of magic and superstition, where the immortal sons of the goddess Reyah fight a never-ending war—mostly with themselves. Reyah doesn’t seem to care. The way she sees it, her boys will be boys. They’ll settle down once they meet the right girls.

But Earth girls aren’t that easy. They’ve got serious issues with this gig. They like their computers, cell phones, double-ply toilet paper.

And they don’t believe in fate.

Welcome to Domain.


Title: With Nine You Get Vanyr
Author: Teri Smith and Jean Marie Ward
Year/Date published: Nov. 7, 2006
Why I picked up this book: It looked interesting.
Do I like the cover? Yeah, it’s not too bad.
Is this part of a series? I honestly don’t know.
What I enjoyed about the book: I liked the idea behind the story. It’s different and sounded like something that would be interesting. And most of the time it succeeds. It’s an interesting world.
What I didn’t like about the book? At times it seemed to get bogged down with way too much going on. Lots of characters and while they usually weren’t hard to keep track of, it would have been nice for there to be more focus on fewer characters than there was. I mean, there was more focus on two characters, but not much. And the reading was slow going. I’ve had this on my iPaq for awhile and reading a bit at night for what seemed like a long time. So not as fast-paced as it could be.
Is this a new-to-me author and would I read something by this author again? They are new-to-me authors.
Am I keeping it or passing it on? Since it’s an ebook, I’ll be keeping it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
Thank you so much for reading WITH NINE YOU GET VANYR and posting your comments. I really appreciate it. Seeing the story from someone else's eyes is always a revelation--and always good for a writer's craft. :-) I'm so glad Angie (from Samhain) sent me the link.
Happy holidays!
Jean Marie