Understood by Maya Banks



When she breaks free from the bondage of her past, he’ll be waiting.

Jake Turner committed the ultimate mistake of falling in love with his best friend’s wife. The distance he puts between them costs both him and Ellie Matthews dearly. Jake will never forgive himself for not seeing what a bastard his friend was. Now that Ellie is free from her nightmare, Jake waits, needing and wanting. He’ll be there when Ellie is ready to spread her wings.


Title:
Understood

Author: Maya Banks

Year published: Dec. 19, 2006

Why I picked up this book: Maya sent it.

Do I like the cover? Yes, I rather do.

Is this part of a series? I don’t think so.

What I enjoyed about the book: I really liked Jake and Ellie. I really wanted them to live happily ever after. And well, it's a rather nice hot book, too. It's quite a nice little sexy contemporary. And for being a novella, it didn't seem rushed or too short. And some may think the ending a bit too pat, I rather enjoyed it and thought it worked.

What I didn’t like about the book? There really wasn't much I didn't like. I breezed through the book last night and really enjoyed it. The only nitpicky thing I'd have would have been some of the language used during the sex scenes, but really, that's a very personal preference. It didn't stop me from enjoying the story at all.

Is this a new-to-me author and would I read something by this author again? Not a new to me author and I'll definitely read more of her books.

Am I keeping it or passing it on? Keeping it since it's an ebook.

6 comments:

Karen Scott said...

Oh this sounds really good.

Karen Scott said...

I like the -in-love-with-best-friend's-wife theme. I always think it's interesting to see how the author deals with the conflict, although this one seems pretty cut and dried, seeing as the ex is a ratfink.

Mailyn said...

Love the cover, so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nicole.

This is totally off topic from your book review, but I have a question for you.

I'm looking for a laptop and I believe you said in the past that you have one. Do you have any recommendations? This is the first one I've ever bought myself, so I want it to be good. :)

Thanks in advance!!!


Kaitlin

Nicole said...

Kaitlin, I don't have one. I think one of the Ja(y)nes at Dear Author does, though.

My in-laws do, though. They have Dells and enjoy them. But some others don't like them. You'll find people who like and dislike just about every brand out there.

I'd love a laptop, but don't have a good enough reason to get one. I use an iPaq to read ebooks. Other than that, the desktop works great for me, and it's easily upgraded, something that happens at least once or twice a year. Something I couldn't do as often if I had a laptop as my primary computer.

I would advise getting as much RAM as possible. Processor speed isn't as important as that.

Also, you might check out www.arstechnica.com for reviews on computer stuff. It's a good site.

Anonymous said...

Thanks ever so much! :) Super appreciate the advice. :)