Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine



Title: Ella Enchanted
Author: Gail Carson Levine
Year published: 1997
Why I picked up this book: It looked cute and short and just the perfect thing to read during lunch.
Do I like the cover? Eh, this version is nothing to write home about.
Is this part of a series? Er, don’t think so.
What I enjoyed about the book: Ella Enchanted is a really cute book. I love fairy tales, so this was a great book to read. It definitely kept my attention as I ate my lunch and read. I loved how Ella handled all the various crazy things that got thrown at her during the course of the book. And I enjoyed how the curse was finally broken in the end. It was very fitting.
What I didn’t like about the book? Can’t think of anything I didn’t like.
Is this a new-to-me author and would I read something by this author again? Levine is new to me, but I’ll look out for more of her work.
Am I keeping it or passing it on? Passing it on.

4 comments:

Colleen Gleason said...

I got my daughter the next book by Levine, Fairest, for Christmas. I think it's based on Snow White, but it's hard to tell.

I know she read Ella Enchanted--they read it in school, believe it or not!--and she really liked it.

And then of course there was the movie...

Michele said...

Wow! Your format sure has changed in how you review your books. I like it. A lot!

Sorry haven't been bloggin hopping lately. New job, new time drain.

Are those other book REALLY done by Kim Harrison? Because I like her style.

As far as "Ella", I've only seen the movie.
I'm a romance junkie, and haven't done too well in expanding my literary horizons.

But I'll keep an eye out for your recommends. Sometimes, it seems we have similar tastes.

Hope your Holiday shopping is going well!

Nicole said...

I haven't seen the movie. I was in a YA fantasy mood when I picked it up. the YA section is right along where the door to the back room is. Had already read The Hero and the Crown and The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley and was in the mood for more. I'll have to look for Fairest.

Oh, can't wait for your book to come out!

Nicole said...

Michelle, I'm doing this format for awhile since it's just easier and quicker. I've read a bunch of books lately that I haven't written anything up on, so this way I'll have those thoughts out on the blog somehow.