It's Monday, isn't it? Bah

Agh. I need to go out and do something. Well, besides grocery shop since I already did that this morning. I'm kinda disappointed because I didn't win a book contest where I missed the answer by having a letter wrong and it wasn't even a letter than really changed the answer. Silly to get bummed about it, but there you go. I admit it, I really wanted to win. But honestly, I don't need those books. I can live without them. Life is still good. Yeah. Right.

Nick's working late again. He's been on overtime for quite awhile now and just as soon as it looks like the end is in sight, something happens. I feel more sorry for him working such long hours than anything.

I think I'll make some chicken strudel tonight. It's kinda comfort food and will go nicely with this day. I also need to work on my resume (my pathetic resume) so I can submit it to someone who might just be able to find me a job in the same company as my husband (same days off and decent pay).

I'm cold. I should probably take a walk or go do some exercise video. I need motivation. I have no motivation. Oh wait, weight loss. There's motivation.

Nano...I like the idea of doing this in theory, but in reality, I have no idea what to put down. So I envy you people doing it. Good job.

I finished up Kitty and the Midnight Hour this afternoon. It was a pretty good fantasy book. Early Anita Blake-esque, perhaps. I look forward to the next book. Also had an ad in the back for Lili's Working For the Devil that I can't wait to get. Now I'm not quite sure what to read next. I started Goddess of the Sea, but we'll see if I continue. Might pick up a historical or something. And I should start Talyn by Holly Lisle soon since it's a rather fat book (well, relative to what I've been reading lately) and from the library.

Was supposed to go in to the dentist today, but I got a call a few minutes ago saying she saw my new mouthguard and realized it wouldn't fit. So she's going to make a new one and I'll be going on on Thursday morning. No wonder these things cost $250, it takes forever to get them to fit right! And it's almost a good thing I'm not working right now or it would be taking even longer with all these appts to go to.

I also have some books to blog about. Anyone want to know anything about The Wizard of London by Mercedes Lackey, Mew is for Murder by Clea Simon, or Undead and Unreturnable by MaryJanice Davidson? Or Kitty and the Midnight Hour?

6 comments:

Angela James said...

Yes, I want to know how Undead and Unreturnable was. And Kitty and the Midnight Hour.

Alyssa said...

Yeah, what Angie said. I have read Undead and Unreturnable but haven't gotten around to blogging about it.

Looks like I may have to special order Kitty and the Midnight Hour. I didn't see it at the bookstore.

Alyssa

CindyS said...

Uh, what Angie and Alyssa said ;)

I am going to go and read Undead now and have it finished before the weekend so I can send it home with my friend. I will blog about it because, uh, I'm not reading much and should blog about books when I actually read them!

CindyS

Anonymous said...

I’d like hear about The Wizard of London. I don’t always like Lackey’s writing but I’m interested in her elemental masters series.

Michele said...

The last two.
Are they worth buying?

Nicole said...

Undead and Unreturnable only if you liked the last one. Otherwise it's just more of the same. Enjoyable, but nothing new at all.

I did like Kitty and the Midnight Hour and recommend it if you want a werewolf story. But don't expect romance. it's not romance.