Undead and Unreturnable by MaryJanice Davidson

Book blurb from Amazon since I'm too lazy to do one: Though she's the vampire queen, Betsy Taylor is much more like a princess. In MaryJanice Davidson's novels, this high-maintenance monarch is finally coming to terms with her new status.

They say Christmas is a time for friends and family. But with a half-sister who's the devil's daughter, an evil stepmother, a fiend living in her basement, assorted spirits and killers running amok, and a spring wedding to plan with the former bane of her existence, Eric Sinclair, Betsy is not sure she'll survive the holidays.

Oh, right. She's already dead...

Okay...thoughts on the book? It's funny, yet rather meh. There's nothing real new here and the lack of plot that the previous one had is still going strong here. There's a small serial killer thread, but it's not really something that has any bearing on Betsy and her friends. I got the impression that Laura might not stay so goody-two-shoes in future books, but that's about it. Betsy and Sinclair work out some problems and others crop up. Bleh.

It's still funny, but honestly, it is NOT worth buying in hardcover. Get the paperback. I mean, I greatly enjoyed reading it and the time flew by, but there's really no substance here. I'll read the next book, but like this one and the one before, it'll be from the library.

1 comment:

CindyS said...

Now see, you did better summing the book up than I did. I started out positive and then I ended up questioning why I still shell out money for MJD books! I need to update my library card.

CindyS