A few non-Regency-set historicals

When I get bored, I tend to hop on over to Amazon and see what's coming out. I'd previously posted a cover to Lady Anne's Dangerous Man by Jeanne Westin that I liked. Wasn't until today that I headed over to the author's site. It's a beautiful looking site, so I recommend at least checking it out. I just love the cover. It has a artsy look to it and definitely appeals to me.

And...she's writing historical romance set in Restoration England. Nice to see something different. I might just have to buy the book just for that.

We also have Lydia Joyce's Whispers of the Night coming up, set in the Ottoman Empire.

Deborah Hale has The Bride Ship for Harlequin Historicals. It's set in Nova Scotia.

There's a western by Charlene Sands called Renegade Wife and another called Wyoming Wildfire by Elizabeth Lane.

Destiny by Helen Kirkman should be a Saxon/Viking story. Done before, but at least it doesn't involve the ton.

Another western, Midnight Marriage by Victoria Bylin. I like the cover.

There's The Bride Hunt by Margo Maguire, a medieval with the most godawful cover ever. Margo, when you saw that cover, you should've raised hell to get it changed.

And sadly, that's all I can find right now. The rest were all Regency-set historicals, so those seem to still be there. Though maybe I just got sick of looking. That could be it, too.

I also noticed a lot of discounting going on. There are going to be a lot of $4.99 books for popular authors next year. For instance, Sabrina Jeffries' Brotherhood series was that price. I saw others, but that's the one that I remember off the top of my head.

I'm going to hold off reading The Midnight Work for awhile. Maybe the errors will mysteriously go away.

2 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Even though I write in the period myself, I like reading non Regency-set historicals, too. Thanks for the scouting.

La Karibane said...

I checked out the Westing site and she deserves a prize for most original website since Michele Jaffe, IMO.