A Singular Lady by Megan Frampton

So...my first book of my Regency Challenge is finished. Yay! I enjoyed this book and am definitely glad I picked up Megan's A Singular Lady.

For Love Or Money

During the Season, debutantes rush to London to find a man who'll fill their hearts with love--or their bankbooks with money. The Honorable Titania Stanhope is of the latter category. She simply has no choice--for her father has bequeathed his entire fortune to his mistress. Armed with velvet, dancing slippers, and a firm resolve, Titania heads to do battle in the ballroom in order to vanquish--and marry--a gentleman who can afford to keep her family from ruin.

Edwin Worthington, Earl of Oakley, wants nothing to do with money-grubbing young ladies. He wears scuffed boots and old jackets, allowing Society to regard him as the penniless black sheep of a wealthy family. But in reality he has a fortune--and no plan to marry--until he meets Titania, a woman whose sharp wit and keen mind are rivaled only by her lovely face. Can Edwin let go of his pride in order to follow his heart?


I finished this one up last night. It's a fun story, and I really enjoyed Titania and Edwin. I wouldn't call it perfect, as I didn't think Edwin and Titania really got to know each other as well as the ending would seem, but I still definitely had fun reading it and believe in their happily-ever-after.

There's a lot of charm and a delightful dry wit throughout. I especially liked the column snippets from 'A Singular Lady'. This was a blue-stocking heroine who I honestly believed to be well-read. I suspect there will be some very interesting debates between Titania and Edwin in the future.

So...if you're looking for a fun Regency romance, I'd recommend this one.

Edited to add Megan's website link. Oops!

1 comment:

Megan Frampton said...

thanks, Nicole! I'm glad you thought Titania and Edwin would be happy together. And, as I say in my post linking over here, I agree they could've been together more often.

Thanks for the review!