This and that

Oops, I seem to have not written anything in a few days! Sorry. So...news...

I did not get selected for the jury I was pulled for. I was actually kinda sad about it since it was a big animal neglect case and probably would have been rather interesting. But it also would have been very long and cold and require going downtown for over a week. I did spend ALL day sitting on a hard bench listening to lawyer-ese as they grilled each and every other juror. Guess I was just down the list.

I got an ARC of Shadow Touch by Marjorie M. Liu in the mail today. They transposed some numbers in the zip, so it took a little sidetrip before landing in my mailbox. Can't wait to read it.

Also got Hot Spell by Mel! Also can't wait to read it.

Started Cara King's Regency Challenge at the Risky Regencies blog. Five Regencies in...well, not long. I'm beginning with Megan's A Singular Lady. Read some of it over lunch and then took it with me to the gym tonight. So far it's very good.

Still haven't started up the Midnight Work again. I think I might just put it on the shelf for awhile.

Wasn't in the mood for much romance last night, so I read some Doc Savage on my iPaq. I think it's The Land of Always-Night, but don't quote me. Doc's definitely hero material. And the stories are always fun.

2 comments:

meljean brook said...

Yay! I hope you enjoy it!

Okay, and I'm so jealous of you and Angie and your SHADOW TOUCH arcs...I need to get on another mailing list or something :D

Megan Frampton said...

I'm so psyched you pulled my book out for the challenge! Thanks! And let me know what you think.