All these books and nothing to read? Or maybe there is.

I wrote a few days ago about having trouble reading this month. Luckily, things seem to be picking up. I got some category romances to read from Cata, and they're going well. Hope to have them up on the site by the middle of next week. Also getting a LUNA fantasy that I'm looking forward to reading as I loved the first book.


Yesterday was a very blah day. I felt tired and run-down for much of it. During the morning or afternoon (don't remember which) I finished reading Ruse: Enter the Detective (link courtesy of Màili). It's a CrossGen trade that compiles the first six issues of the Ruse comic together. I enjoyed it a lot and have the second one waiting for me at the library to pick up tomorrow. It's nothing spectacular in terms of a thrilling storyline, but it's engaging and I enjoyed the vivid art. Sherlock Holmes-type guy meets...well, a supernatural world, only he doesn't really know it is. Quite entertaining, anyways. I almost thought I hit the jackpot yesterday when there was an eBay auction for the whole series, but someone else wanted them much more than I did and jacked the price way up.


So I was feeling blah yesterday. Evidenced by the fact that I headed to bed at around 7:30. Yes, 7:30. I figured I'd pick up a book and fall asleep. I felt tired. I ended up picking up the wrong book. Grave Peril by Jim Butcher. I'm really loving this series of books and can't wait to get my hands on the next one. And...well, it's now waiting for me at the library. *g* I'm really enjoying Harry Dresden's adventures as "the only professional wizard in the Chicago area phone book." I had a couple chapters left by the time my husband had decided to turn out the lights, so I went into the living room to finish. I just couldn't put it down. He laughed at me when I left, considering I told him a few minutes before that that I was just going to read til the end of the next chapter. He knows me well.


So...I definitely recommend the Dresden Files. Definitely a fun paranormal mystery series.


Now I'm in the middle of The Cat Who Wasn't a Dog by Marian Babson. It's a cozy cat mystery, but so far I'm halfway through and it's only so-so. I might put it down for something else. I have a few library books that I want to read, including Bollywood Confidential by Sonia Singh, What Dreams May Come by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Robin D. Owens, and Rebecca York, Dead End by Mariah Stewart (ooh, Mariah Stewart got a website makeover since I was last there), and Mew is for Murder by Clea Simon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty new look, I like it. Bollywood Confidential is one of those, should I or shouldn't I, so let me know what you think.