It's definitely Monday

Well, I attempted to buy jeans today. Tried on about twenty pairs. None fit right. Can I please trade in my butt? I've lost about seventeen pounds, you'd think I'd be ready for a new size. Especially considering some of my favorite jeans are getting baggy and not so favorite-y. Bah. Twenty-some jeans and not one fit the way I wanted. If they fit in the waist and thighs, they were waaaaaaaaaay too long. If the length was right, then it didn't fit up top. And then there was the annoying gap in the back at times. Or the supposed low-rise that was up past my navel. ARGH! So, there went a few hours of my life I won't get back.


On another note, I did get to a local used bookstore that also sells new books. I bought new Feet First by Leanne Banks and After Midnight by Teresa Medeiros. Used I got Secrets Vol. 8 and Passion by Lisa Valdez (I want to read me some good breastfeeding sex, you know).


I also finally bought some books on Amazon. Charmed and Dangerous by Candace Havens, Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, Cat Fear No Evil by Shirley Rousseau Murphy, and Pick Your Poison by Leann Sweeney.


On another note, I am the most picky, second-guessing myself, reader of them all. I can't tell you how many times I've been to Amazon before this trying to figure out what to buy. I'm a mess. I hate the idea of getting something I won't like, so I'm very very picky about what I do buy. But then there's the times like with Charmed and Dangerous where I only have the back blurb to go on, yet I really want the book.

5 comments:

Candy Havens said...

It's my hope that you love the book! E-mail me and let me know what you think. I don't know if it helps but it's getting great reviews. Thanks so much for buying the book.
Take Care
-Candy Havens ("Charmed & Dangerous")

Anonymous said...

I thought you found Gap jeans you liked. I have to remember to go get Charmed & Dangerous too.

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the weight loss!!!!

Nicole said...

Candy, can't wait to read the book. Though Amazon is being mean and saying I might not get it until like the 22nd. Argh.

Jay, after trying them on again, I really didn't like the colors and the washes. Not to mention they were like 5 inches too long and no shorter lengths in stock. So I passed.

Jill, thanks! I did get to buy this pair of super-soft cords yesterday in a size I havent seen since like high school. It felt good.

Anonymous said...

I hate trying jeans on! It's humiliating torture.

I LOVE the new look on your blog!!!