TGIF - and a bit of catching up

This is just not my week. I keep feeling like I need to talk about my vacation, but other than that it was hot, but not humid, I really can't bring myself to write a thoughtful post. I enjoyed it in some ways, but in others I realized that you really can't go home again. I feel like I've changed and they've stayed the same. It helped that DH was there with me, he's a very calming influence. Hmm...guess I am talking about it.

It's Friday...yay. DH is going to make supper tonight. We're having steak (marinating in Famous Dave's Apricot Bourbon Marinade as I type), baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. Need to find an easy twice-baked potatoes recipe. Might watch What Not To Wear if it's new, or a show we taped on HBO last night *wg*.

Currently I should be reading some books that I don't feel like reading. Read Fear Cay by Kenneth Robeson last night on my ppc. Nothing like Doc Savage for relaxation. Also reading Liz Hunter's Mating Season in paper. So far Mating Season is cute. Two people stuck on a boat in the middle of the ocean.

Books I've read, but not blogged about:

Heart Choice by Robin D. Owens: It was entertaining, although not quite as good as some of the others. I really loved the ending, though, and liked how Robin tied things up. Maybe too neat for some, but I personally liked it.

The Codex by Douglas Preston: Kinda Indiana Jones-esque, entertaining and fast-paced, but not up to par with the Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child stuff I've read before. There was just something missing, perhaps the codex just wasn't as critical to the plot as I would have liked. It wasn't bad for a plane read, though. So this one isn't a keeper. I have Brimstone coming my way, hope it's good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see a woman reading Doc Savage. You're in a small but elite group.